We’re looking for a Director of Operations to join Inside!
Inside is a network of email newsletters that aim to educate, inform, and inspire our readers.
Every day is different in startup operations, making this the perfect roles for an insatiable learner. Our operations team manages the day to day operations of Inside’s business. In the last quarter alone, we’ve automated accounting processes, built a referral program for our subscribers, supported the launch of a podcast, and more.
Our ideal candidate is someone who lives and breathes the startup hustle, is technologically-adept, and is a critical thinker. The dream candidate needs to be able to create a successful game plan with realistic deadlines and manage up to the team to ensure the project is pacing. You will optimize for innovation and spot roadblocks before they become an issue.
If you were a founder or operations at a high-growth startup, we want to talk to you!
Some of what you'll do
- Lead cross-functional projects that improve our reader experience or internal operations.
- Be a partner to leadership on the organization’s priorities and goals, challenges, and execution.
- Identify areas for efficiency and improvement in all initiatives, then take action.
- Champion team organization and communication through keeping our internal Notion boards, training, and knowledge banks up to date and organized.
- Co-manage the development team.
- Assist with all day-to-day company operations, including payroll and benefits management, updating contracts, accounting tasks, and much more.
- Entrepreneurial, action-oriented
- Smart generalist able to understand data, technology, and abstract concepts
- Experience with managing company financials and (light) accounting
- Exceptional Project Management skills, highly organized, process-driven, and detail-oriented
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment without losing focus on the big picture
- Hungry to learn and willing to make mistakes. We don’t expect you to be perfect, but we can certainly appreciate you rolling your sleeves up and weathering the changes as we scale
- Agile certification a bonus, not required
- Experience in a startup environment is preferred
- 100% remote
- Salary: $60,000
- Competitive benefits package
Still reading? Great! We'd love for you to apply. Be prepared to answer a few questions in your online application. Your replies to these questions are how we determine who will move forward.