100% Remote, United States or Canada-Based
Inside is on a mission to make people smarter! We specialize in covering the latest news and innovations in business, tech, and Venture Capital through media (newsletters and podcasts), events, and community. Founded by Jason Calacanis, Inside is a fully remote team of entrepreneurs, innovators, and doers. Join us!
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Virtual Events Manager to join the events team. As our ideal candidate, you are passionate about the attendee experience, highly organized, accountable, and thrive in collaborative hyper-growth environments.
Our Virtual Events Manager will work closely with the Events & Conference Producer to develop, launch, and scale Inside events that add value to our current community while also attracting new audiences.
In this role, you’ll help build out our events and attendee experience, all with the goal of growing our audience. You’ll help generate demand for our products, build awareness for our brand, and engage customers. This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and make a significant contribution to building our world-class products.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be creative, strategic, and dedicated to continually learning, experimenting, and evolving.
What you’ll do as the Virtual Events Manager:
- Event Creation
- Research, brainstorm and codify event topics and themes for events across various subjects.
- Oversee and drive the process from brainstorming, pitching to the senior team, and implementing company objectives to drive growth.
- Virtual Event Production
- Plan, manage and execute virtual events & conferences for Inside’s readers and audience.
- Manage production logistics & deliverables (across multiple platforms) from the top down, including registration, speaker outreach, management, marketing strategy, rehearsals, attendee outreach and management, sponsorship opportunities, and day-of-show execution.
- In-Person Event Production - Plan and manage aspects of in-person events ranging from venue scouting, selecting/managing vendors, budgeting, ticketing, and day-of-show production under strict COVID-19 safety parameters.
- Speaker Management - Find, recruit and manage speakers for multiple events at a time. Professional & clear communication is vital - must be able to convey the goal of the event and become familiar with the speaker's business & industry.
- Social Media Marketing - Create social media strategy for event promotion with the leadership team, then implement. Own the process and the results.
- Graphic Design (Canva counts!) - Create promotional materials for social media.
What we’re looking for
- 1 - 5 Years of experience in event production (virtual and in-person)
- Expertise with virtual event/webinar/content hosting platforms (ex. Zoom, Hopin, StreamYard, YouTube, etc..)
- Expert organizational, documentation, and communication skills (written, verbal, visual)
- Comfortable working & communicating with individuals of all professional levels, including senior-level management
- Passionate about the audience experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup
- Data-driven & results-driven, with a strong, competitive desire to win
- Creative thinker who pushes the limits
- Meet tight deadlines and maintain composure in high-pressure situations
- Exceptional at learning on the fly and tackling new projects with little or no guidance
- Portfolio of past work highly recommended
The details you’ll want to know
- 100% remote (full-time position)
- Salary: $50,000
- Competitive benefits package
Still reading? Apply!